As part of its commitment to enhancing public safety and to serving the public’s increasing interest in technical information, NFPA makes its codes and standards available for discounted prices.
NFPA is proud to have been the first organization to provide huge discounts for public access to privately developed codes and standards, and are pleased to see other organizations following our lead. There are some who argue that we should do more and immediately make all of our documents available online without any restrictions. It is essential that NFPA maintain copyright and the ability to charge for the codes and standards. Most of the money NFPA needs to fund our process and other vital mission activities comes from the sale of codes. We also derive funding from the sale of related products and services.
It has been suggested that NFPA ask the industries that use our documents to pay for their development. This would create significant problems, since one of the strengths of the codes and standards development system as it has always existed is that it provides NFPA with an independent source of revenue. Nobody can influence the process by threatening to withhold funds, because they system is funded not by a few big interests, but by the thousands of users who pay for their copies of the code.
“Our employees will tell you two things: they love working here and they love our mission.”
“Working for a non-profit company brings out a different side of people, one that makes coming to work every day that much more interesting and worthwhile. The work environment at NFPA is another reason why I stay. It’s comfortable and collaborative.”
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is a non-profit organization, headquartered in Quincy, MA. Our mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. We are the leading global advocate for the elimination of death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards.
If you want to join us and help us fulfill our mission, we want to be a partner in your growth and development. Please review our current career opportunities and explore what it’s like to work at NFPA.
- NFPA is the leading information and knowledge resource on fire, electrical, and related hazards. Order NFPA codes and standards including the 2017 NEC®, NFPA 101®, NFPA 70E®, NFPA 13, NFPA 72®, NFPA 99, NFPA 921, and NFPA 25. Plus, purchase Fire Prevention Week™ and Sparky® products, become an NFPA member, register for Training Programs, and subscribe to the National Fire Codes® All Access Subscription Service.
- Gear up for 2016 Fire Prevention Week™ with the 2016 Fire Prevention Week In A Box™!
- Top Sellers:
- 2014 NEC Softbound (NFPA 70®)
- 2014 NEC Handbook
- NFPA 70E
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code®
- Life Safety Code Handbook
- New! 2016 NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- New! 2016 NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 70E Handbook
- And more…